Sunday 30 August 2015

Changing up lilies into poinsettias my way

Morning!  I’ve a Christmas card to share today and also a peek at how I change up the Wild Orchid Crafts lilies to look like poinsettias. 

Okay, so originally this started out as a card for a man, but then the flowers crept in, then I added pearls and well, now it’s not!

bev-rochester-mr-frosty-30-8

A close up of the transformed lilies.

bev-rochester-mr-frosty-30-8-2

I pulled them apart, used a large ball tool on the back to shape then reattached using strong glue.  I finished off with a pearl in the middle.  The poinsettias on this card were the first I made, subsequent ones I have cut buts out of the sides (as in the picture below) to give a more realistic look.  You can also dab a bit of green ink in the centre and tips (again which I have done with subsequent flowers that I have made using the lilies)

bev-rochester-mr-frosty-30-8-5

To get the seam binding so crinkled I wet and scrunched up tight and left it overnight to dry,  This really makes it super crinkly Smile

bev-rochester-mr-frosty-30-8-4

 

Wild Orchid Crafts products:
LANTERNS STANDING CUTOUT SET GST-076
12 WHITE BEAD BERRY SPRAY CLUSTERS GST-155
VINTAGE SEAM BINDING RIBBON - MOSS GREEN MKX-487
RED AND WHITE MULBERRY PAPER LILY FLOWERS MKX-608
CREAM MULBERRY PAPER OPEN ROSES MKX-016

No comments:

Post a Comment